Tuesday, September 18, 2012

REDNESDAY


Hi everyone! Can you believe the first day of Autumn is this weekend? Thus my flaming red greeting today! I found it on Flickriver, via Google, and it's by J.T. I love Autumn weather, apples, pumpkins, and changing foliage. I love doing my Fall projects - cleaning up the flower beds, moving plants around so they'll look "perfect" the next year, and washing all the pots so they'll be ready in February to start the new seedlings!

What I don't like is seeing the final flower of the season, putting the tools away for the last time, raking leaves, and feeling that biting nip that tells you winter will be along before you know it. But, as King Solomon said, "To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven".

Now, what have I got to show you today? I picked up a new bird figurine at the thrift shop last week. It's the double one in the middle. For those who hadn't read the last post I did on these, the pretty stained-glass cabinet is over the dresser in my walk-in closet.


You've all heard me rave recently about the James Patterson Alex Cross series. Would you believe I read 16 books in just over a month? They're that good! I have one more to read, and the new one comes out in February. Well, Fran of Hey, Mom! What's for Dinner? contacted me and said she had some Patterson books she was getting rid of and would I like them. Duh, yeah I would! So she sent them along with a surprise in the box - a cute little cherries bowl! And, come to find out, Fran lives very close to me, too! Thanks again, Fran!



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Just popped in to say hi...HI..
Love those ceramic vintage birds. You seldom find those hues anymore.
See ya later for RW

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your birds Sue! They're so sweet. I've been reading James Patterson for years. You should slow down so you don't run out, LOL!

I won a giveaway of Fran's, a fantastic pillow she made. She's a terrific person. We meet the nicest people blogging! :-)

ImagiMeri said...

How cool is that cherry bowl....wow. Good to hear from you pretty lady. Don't have too much fun with all your fall activities.....;o)

Hugs,
Meri

Fran said...

You are so very welcome! Hope you enjoy the books, and thanks for hosting. Happy REDnesday!! :) --Fran

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK For the Sandwich Generation said...

Hi there and Happy Rednesday AND Happy Fall - I am also enjoying Autumn bliss and determined to enjoy every second of it in case it gets hijacked by Winter, the way our spring was hijacked by Summer :)

Thanks for sharing all your lovely reds. I especially liked the cute birds!

I have a mystery plant over at SandwichINK. If anyone recognizes what it is, my senior mom would LOVE to know. She planted some mixed wildflowers as part of her gardening activities in the spring and we think it was from that. It's quite lovely and quite mysterious. :)

Have a great week and thank you again for another fun Rednesday!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Love the birds! Thanks for Hosting!

Kranky Granny said...

Where did summer go? I never got to see it this year.

Lovely collection of birds.

Jeannie Marie said...

I love Rednesday! It's always so fun to come and visit. Your bird figurines are wonderful!

SarahBeth said...

I love your birds -- that double one is a wonderful addition!
Have a lovely Rednesday!

Anonymous said...

I just visited and joined your party today for the first time. This is a great twist on the linky party. Love it...of course RED is my favorite color!!
laurie @ pride in photos

Jill said...

Thanks for taking the time to host every week - have a great day!!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

What a beautiful display for your closet! I love birds too!
Thank you so much for hosting each week. It's very appreciated!
Erica :)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Love to read James Patterson, but once I've read 'em, they're throwaways! :)

Mamaw's Place said...

Sorry I missed the link up this week. I was combining my two blogs into one and making some changes, adding some pages and the week just got away from me. Enjoyed visiting everyone to see their Rednesday posts. Love the birds you have posted.